Today’s topic had me thinking… What can I say about a first love? I could talk about my boy-crazed crushes throughout the years and how they always ended in tragedy. Like the time in first grade that I gave a boy a love letter (well, as much of a love letter that a first grader could write) and he literally laughed and ripped it up in my face. Seriously. First unrequited love? No, that's just sad.
As cheesy as it sounds, I love my husband with all my heart... but I don't think I had any idea what real love was until Molly entered the picture.
When I was little, my mother used to tell me that I was her heart. I understood the symbolism, but didn't quite get what she meant until I had the same experience. I can honestly say, that right now, sitting on the floor directly in front of me, hitting two blocks together because she likes the sound of it... is my heart. My heart aches when she's not feeling well or bumps her head, and it is overjoyed when she is happy. I give that sweet angel a million kisses a day and it's still not enough to express my love.
See, first loves aren’t the good loves. That overwhelming, jump-in-front-of-a-moving-vehicle kind of love that I have for my baby is what I think real love is. It spawns more love and happiness. And it makes you realize how much your parents and family love you too, because you know that everything you're doing for your little one is something that someone did once for you too. :)
Love at first sight.
No comments:
Post a Comment