Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Week 27: A busy one!

Today I'm 27 weeks pregnant and entering my third trimester! That means only three short months to go--three month's from yesterday to be precise. :)


According to BabyCenter.com--this week, Molly weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes (WOW!!), and perhaps even sucking her fingers. Her brain is now very active and she's even experiencing baby hiccups, which supposedly help her learn how to breathe.

I'm feeling pretty good, but my belly is already getting so big--I can't believe how long I still have to go! I've noticed that it's getting a lot harder to get up from lying down and I'm experiencing a little lower back pain, but it's not really that bad (I'm just a wimp).

The thing I miss most about not being pregnant this week is the ability to fit into small places. I've noticed it's increasingly harder to maneuver in small public restrooms and tend to opt for the handicap stall when there is no one else around. ;) I've also noticed that I can no longer squeeze between a person's chair and a wall if necessary (or other similar tight-fitting situations)... it's just one of those things you don't think about until you're about half way through and get stuck!!


I had an extremely busy week at work preparing for a news conference at the Capitol and I'm also working extra hours to build up some comp time for maternity leave (or as Brett calls them "Molly-hours"). Luckily I have an adorable, loving husband who has been very patient with me... and whenever I get a little stressed, Molly seems to know just the right time to give me a good kick to tell me to relax and that it will all be worth it. I already have the best family in the world! :)

No comments: