1. FINGERNAILS! My nails have never grown this fast in my life! They even look perfect unpolished--total French manicure style. :)
2. NOT DIETING! I've gotta say, not stressing over my weight has been pretty nice. Although I've still been trying to keep pretty healthy for little Molly's sake, I'm not going to lie and tell you that I haven't satisfied a craving and indulged in a donut or two… or three. :)

(I totally turn into Homer when donuts are around!)
3. Smiles from strangers: It's a fact--People are just generally nicer to pregnant ladies. People hold doors open and offer to help carry things and generally go out of their way (in most cases) to be nicer than usual. I wish people were like this all the time--the world would definitely be a better place!
4. Nesting: It seriously is the only thing keeping my house clean. I have no energy, but somehow have the urge to deep clean almost every weekend. Also, it is SO much fun getting things ready for little Molly, especially the cute little clothes (more on this in a future post).
5. BOOBS! Seriously. These hormones do some pretty amazing things--two in fact! (Sorry to any of my male family members reading this, but it's true!)
6. Being spoiled by Brett: I really have the best husband in the world. We work together so he is always just a phone call away to bring me a bottle of water or calm my nerves. He also drops me off and picks me up at the door--totally sweet. And at home, he really encourages me to put my feet up and relax, brings me glass after glass of water (as that's one of the things I crave), and tells me I look pretty----something every pregnant woman needs to hear. You couldn't find a better guy to have a baby with if you tried. :)
7. The way Brett talks to my belly: Brett talks and sings the Rock Chalk to Molly on a pretty regular basis. I can tell that she already knows his voice because she kicks up a storm whenever he does it. It is so cute and sweet. He's already such a good daddy, I can't wait to see them bond when she gets here.
8. FEELING SPECIAL! It's awesome to know what you're doing is so incredibly important--24/7. Sure, people do it everyday, all over the world, but growing a baby is so amazing--you can't help but feel special.
1 comment:
Being pregnant sounds sweet. Wish I could be pregnant.... ...on second thought maybe not. It'd be hard to explain to Sarah, or to anyone really.
Post a Comment