Last weekend I got to see some friends for the first time in several weeks! I've been so busy with work and other obligations that it's been hard to get together. So, after a few weeks of planning, I went to the renaissance festival with my good friends Lieschen and Kelly. When we arrived we really only had one thing on our minds: TURKEY LEGS. After consuming what seemed like the biggest turkey legs in the world, Lee introduced me to my first ever apple dumpling--It was fantastic!! Kelly had her tarot cards read and we had a good time walking around checking out all the cool little stores. We didn't see as many men in tights as we had hoped but the people watching was outstanding. I have to give props to both Lee and Kelly, neither one complained once about having to stop at the privies half a dozen times. It must really suck to go anywhere with a pregnant chic.
After leaving the festival we headed over to the Legends shopping center (at my request) to hit up the Motherhood Maternity outlet store for some fall clothes. After a "I have nothing to wear anymore!" meltdown the week before, Brett insisted that I go buy some new clothes. Lee and Kelly were the best shopping buddies ever! They helped me pick out some tasteful items that could be both dressed up or dressed down--and then they even stood by the dressing room and gave me honest opinions on each outfit. (Any woman who has tried to go shopping with an impatient husband knows the value of the "honest girlfriend opinion.") In what seemed like record time, I decided on two new pairs of work pants, four long sleeve tops and a super-soft big grey sweater to wear over things when it gets colder.
Then on Tuesday we finished our last childbirth prep class. I'm so glad it's over. We learned a lot, and got a bunch of great ideas, but a three-hour class following a full eight-hour work day made for an EXTREMELY long day. All in all, we've got a good idea about what is supposed to happen and what could happen, so we're prepared for the worst but planning for the best. Brett was even a good sport and wore the Empathy Belly (or as I like to call it, the sympathy belly). I took a few pictures, but he made promise not to post them. I've decided to save them for blackmail in case he ever makes me mad. :) At the very least I'll stick one in Molly's baby book so she can make fun of her "dear 'ol dad" someday in the future.
On Thursday, my dad (soon-to-be Grandpa Patterson) helped Brett pick up Molly's crib that FINALLY came in (it was supposed to be here in 7-10 days and took nearly 3 weeks!). It's one of the last main pieces of the nursery (minus a rocking chair--coming soon) that will help us make a beautiful princess-y room for little Molly. We're going to paint next weekend with the help of some friends. I'm so excited to see it all come together!!
Tonight we had a fun night--but here's a video to tell you all about it. Enjoy!
2 comments:
You are funny...love the video :-) Keep showing those belly pictures! Are you still with a midwife?
Yeah, well Brett really has to learn not to keep cutting off my head, but it's still fun none-the-less!
Yes, still with a midwife--two actually, they switch back and forth. They are both awesome. Only 45 days to go!! :)
Post a Comment